Archives & Special Collections
Leon & Toby Cooperman Library, 2nd Floor
695 Park Avenue, East Building
New York, NY 10065
The Archives & Special Collections division at Hunter College was formally established in January 1966 under the direction of the archivist, Frederick W. Stewart. Originating as the Archives Centre, the repository collects books and unpublished materials of historical value including records, correspondence, papers and publications generated by the administration, academic departments, administrative offices, faculty, staff and student organizations since 1869.
The repository's archival holdings have been grouped under Hunter College Archives, Affiliated Organizations and Special Collections. These are located in a secure and climate controlled facility on the second floor of the Main Library at Hunter College.