Hunter College Libraries’ core mission is to provide equitable access to information, spaces, and expertise to the Hunter College community. We support students’ academic success and personal development by working with them at their points of need within the libraries, online, and in the classroom. We collaborate with Hunter faculty and staff, supporting their scholarly and creative work. Through our work, collections, and spaces, we seek to inspire curiosity, support exploration and collaboration, and help students develop skills that contribute to lifelong learning.
- openness, access: making sure that the libraries are safe, welcoming, comfortable, and accessible to all
- diversity, inclusion, community: fostering environments that value and connect diverse ideas and identities in order to build community
- collaboration, cooperation, relationships: both within the libraries and in the larger Hunter community, with students, staff, and faculty
- equity, empathy, social justice, respect: in our interpersonal interactions, as we develop our collections, and teach our classes
- creativity, exploration, experimentation: embracing failure as part of a process that supports growth, development, and improvement
These values are reflected in our diverse collections, flexible spaces, and in our work with students, faculty, staff, and library colleagues.