The information below provides guidance for getting help and services when the Hunter College Libraries are closed, or if you prefer to work remotely. It is advisable to check your remote access to Hunter College Libraries' online resources.
- If you have questions about logins, see the Logins page.
- If you are not sure what your NetID is, check NetID Central.
- If you would like to activate your barcode to log in to OneSearch, contact Meshaw Browne: email@example.com.
- For other issues, Contact us.
* Beginning March 14, all CUNY libraries will suspend regular overdue fines and recall overdue fines on circulating books. This is to reduce the need for borrowers to return books to campuses or to negotiate fine payments in-person during the period affected by coronavirus closures. Books can be returned when the library is open, or can be mailed back after stay at home orders have been lifted.
Please see Hunter College's Laptop Loan Request Form for laptop loans during the spring 2020 semester. If you have an issue with a laptop borrowed from Hunter College during this time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus Emergency Assistance Fund: New Financial Assistance for Students with Coronavirus-Related Hardship
Get Online Help 24/7
Use our Ask a Librarian chat service anytime you need research assistance. Off-hours, librarians available on the service may not be able to answer questions specific to accessing Hunter College Libraries' online resources.
If the Libraries are closed, subject librarians with expertise in specific areas are available for remote consultations via phone, email, or online (BlackBoard or Zoom e.g.). Appointments for consultations can be made using this form, or if you prefer to contact a librarian directly, you can find their email here.
Online Resources and Tools
Hunter College Libraries provide access to many digital resources if you can't make it to campus to pick up physical items.
- Remote Access
If you are off campus and want to access online resources, you will be prompted to enter your NetID and Password.
- Hunter College Libraries OneSearch
Use OneSearch to search through the majority of the Libraries' online materials. After your first search, use the filters on the right hand side of the screen to limit your search to a type of resource, specify a date range, and more.
- Research Databases
Go directly to database listings to browse by title, subject or type of digital material. Alternatively, you can search for a journal to proceed to a narrow search within a single journal.
- Research Guides
Themed guides for an in-depth exploration within a narrowed scope.
- Free and expanded access to online resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
Temporary free and/or expanded access to ebooks, journals, videos, and other content. This guide lists those, plus other useful online resources during the spring 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
Use Interlibrary Loan to request materials not available in the Hunter College Libraries. Articles can be delivered to you via your Hunter email account. Once you are logged in, confirm your email under 'Manage your account', found at the bottom of the Main Menu. Under New Requests, select the type of resource you are requesting to bring up the form. This service is available for current Hunter College students, faculty, and staff only. Books requested through interlibrary loan must be picked up at a Hunter College Library.
*There will be no new Interlibrary Loan requests for print books while the Hunter College Libraries are closed. Interlibrary Loan books out will be renewed. Contact us if you have any questions.
Renew Books Online
You can renew books online by logging into your Library Account using the Barcode on the back of your Hunter College ID (read instructions on this page for password information). You will see your active loans displayed in the Loans section. Look for the title you want to renew, select it and click RENEW SELECTED. You can also renew all your active loans by selecting all loans, then click RENEW ALL.
Books can be returned to any CUNY Library. Other media (DVDs and CDs) must be returned to the desk where it was borrowed. If the Library is closed when you need to return your items, they will be back-dated when we re-open. If an item is due and you are not able to return it (due to illness, or other extenuating circumstances), please keep it until you are able to safely return it.
Equipment (laptops, calculators, peripherals) should be returned to the desk where it was borrowed. If the Libraries are closed due to unforeseen circumstances, please return equipment to the desk where it was borrowed as soon as the Library is open. We will amend fines, if any are accrued.
* Beginning March 14, all CUNY libraries will suspend regular overdue fines and recall overdue fines on circulating books. This is to reduce the need for borrowers to return books to campuses or to negotiate fine payments in-person during the period affected by coronavirus closures.
If you have any other remote needs, or have new ideas for how the Libraries can help you off-campus send your comments to us.