iPad Loan for Use in Library
In order to borrow an iPad at the Hunter College Library you must :
- Be a current Hunter College Student with no blocks on your record
- Have a current, validated Hunter Student ID
- Have another photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport or State ID
- Read, understand and sign the Liability Agreement Form for
three-day loan (PDF)
iPad Loan Information
- iPads can be checked out for three days.
- Library iPads are wifi only models. Mobile networks are not available.
- You may not reserve an iPad for a specific time.
- A student may borrow only one iPad at a time.
- iPads must be returned to the Reserve desk and checked in with a library staff member who will verify that the device is in working order before the borrower leaves the desk. You must allow at least 15 minutes for this.
- iPads may be borrowed up to one hour before closing but mustbe returned to the A/V Reserve Desk 45 minutes before the library closes on the 3rd day of the loan.
- All iPads must be returned 30 minutes before the Reserve desk closes (see our hours page).
- Overdue fines are $50 per day or portion thereof, if you fail to return the iPad and all accessories to the Library's Reserve Desk at the time due.
- Each iPad is checked out in factory default settings. This means there are no apps added to the device other than what came from the factory. You are free to add free or paid apps, but there will be no refunds for purchased apps.
- Borrowers are responsible for the iPad. If a machine is lost or stolen, the student is responsible for the replacement cost of $500. If an iPad is damaged during the use, the borrower is responsible for the cost of repairs.
Where can I check out an iPad in the Main Library?
- Visit the A/V Reserve Desk on Floor 2.