Laptop Loan for Use in Library
In order to borrow a laptop at the Hunter College Library you must :
- Be a current Hunter College Student with no blocks on your record
- Have a current, validated Hunter Student ID
- Have another photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport or State ID
- Read, understand and sign the Liability Agreement Form for
3hr loan /one-day loan (PDF)
**Faculty, Staff, Alumni and I.E.L.I. are not eligible for laptop loans as the program is funded by student technology fees.
Laptop Loan Information
- Wireless access available on all floors of Main, Social Work and Health Professions libraries
- Printing with OneCard available after logging into wireless network
- Laptops are available for 3 hour or one-day loans and may not be renewed.
- You may not reserve a laptop for a specific time.
- A student may borrow only one laptop at a time.
- Laptops must be returned to the A/V Reserve Desk and checked in with a library staff member. They will verify that the computer is in working order before the borrower leaves the desk. You must allow at least 15 minutes for this.
- All laptops must be returned one hour before the Reserve desk closes. (See Main, Social Work and Health Professions Library hours)
- Overdue fines are $40 per hour and $10 per 15 minute period or any portion of the 15 minute period. (If you are 33 minutes late in returning a laptop, your fine will be $30.)
- Each laptop is loaded with the Hunter’s standard suite of programs.
- No programs, documents, etc., may be left on the computer. Everything, except for the preloaded programs, will be deleted when the machine is returned.
- Borrowers are responsible for the computer. If a machine is lost or stolen, the student is responsible for the replacement cost of $2000. If a laptop is damaged during the use, the borrower is responsible for the cost of repairs.
Where can I loan a laptop in the Main Library?
- Visit the Reserve Desk on Floor of the Main Library for laptop loans.