What do faculty do if they'd like the library to put items on ERes for them?
How do faculty set-up an ERes account to place materials on reserve using the ERes system?
- Email email@example.com the completed ERes Course management Application form to receive an ERes personal account and password and a course account and password. The email must include your course name & number, projected number of students, plus the names any of co-instructors and/or teaching assistants.
- The library staff will e-mail instructors (2) passwords: a personal "faculty" level password (if one is not already assigned) and a "course" password, for distribution to students enrolled in the specific course. Instructors can change a course password, but they cannot change a personal password without library assistance.
What do faculty do if they have an ERes account but forgot their password?
Write in the subject line whether you are locally affiliated with Hunter Main Campus, School of Social Work or Health Professions libraries.
Library staff will email you back your password.
What materials can faculty place on reserve?
Library-owned materials verified by checking CUNY+.
Request materials to be purchased by the library.
Bring personal copies of books and media to the library Reserves Desk if the library cannot acquire the material fast enough to meet a course deadline.
How do faculty place items on reserve that the library owns?
Always check CUNY+ to be certain that the Hunter College Library owns the title.
When the Library receives the completed form the request is processed and the materials are moved to the Reserve shelves located on the 2nd floor of the library behind the Reserve desk.
Allow at least two weeks for items already owned by the Library to be placed on Reserve.
How do faculty place items on reserve that the library does not own?
Please allow at least eight weeks for the Library to fill your request.
How do faculty place their personal items on reserve?
These requests are processed as they are received.
How do faculty link to articles, digital files (sound, image, text) from a home or office computer to a HC ERes course page?
The Hunter College libraries requires faculty to observe copyright guidelines and to obtain any necessary copyright clearance for all items requested for ERes.
How do faculty link to ERes/Create a content area for reserves in Blackboard?
The URL for your course reserves can be pasted anywhere you wish for students to access it, but it is recommended that you create a content area for reserves within Blackboard.
- Login to your Blackboard course page.
- Click on Control Panel (in the left margin).
- Click on Manage Course Menu (in Course Options box).
- Select + Content Area.
- Name the field: Course Reserves.
- Click Submit, OK, OK.
- Click on Course Reserves in the Content Area box.
- Select + External Link.
- Name the field: Course Reserves.
- For the URL, copy and paste the course’s persistent URL
In the Text Box, type all below:
For copyright reasons, this password should not be shared with anyone not enrolled in this course.
11. Click Submit, OK. Course Reserves should appear in the left margin menu.
How do faculty find the persistent URL for Course Reserves?
- Search for your course in ERes: http://hunter.docutek.com/eres/courseindex.aspx?error=&page=search
- Once you are in the course page, click on the Course Info tab.
- Copy the link next to “Persistent URL:” in that tab.
Go to to ERes Frequently Asked Questions for additional ERes questions not already answered.
Instructors interested in managing their own sites may contact the library staff below to schedule training in your Hunter College office.
Questions or concerns may also be directed to:David Donabedian, Head of Access Services