What is ERes?
ERes is an electronic reserves software program that enables students to access linked journal articles from the Library’s subscription databases, scanned book chapters and journal articles, and other materials that faculty may place on the Course Reserves Collection as required course readings.
Who can use ERes?
Access to ERes is restricted, on a course by course basis, to currently enrolled Hunter College students. To ensure compliance with current copyright restrictions, students will be asked to provide a password to enter the ERes course page for their course(s). Passwords will be provided to students by their professors at the beginning of the semester.
How do I know which reserves are available electronically?
When books and other materials are not available electronically, a link on the ERes page will lead users to the Library’s online catalog screen where they will be able to obtain the call number of the item if it is available in print at the library and check the status of the item. Users should write down the call number, and then request the material at the Course Reserve desk located on the 2nd floor in the Main Campus Library or at the Circulation desks at the branch libraries.
How do I access ERes?
Reserve materials can be accessed electronically, on or off campus:
- Go directly to the Hunter College Electronic Reserves (ERes) page:
* Off campus access to the Library's subscribed databases require an active Hunter College email account.
What technology is required for access?
- A connection to the Internet, via the campus LAN or an ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- A current web browser (IE 7.0 or later).
- A copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your system, with the proper plug-in enabled for your web browser.
- For remote access, you must have an active Hunter email account. If you are unable to access your account contact the ICIT helpdesk at:
Students: 212-650-3624 or e-mail email@example.com or go to 10th Floor of the North Building, outside the PCS computer labs.
Faculty/Staff: 212-772-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I find the document/article I need?
Once you are logged into the ERes system, the directions are fairly intuitive. Follow the on-screen commands. The procedure is as follows:
- Search for your course by department, instructor or title.
- Make course selection from results list and click on Go.
- Enter the password provided to you by your instructor.
- Read the Copyright Notice then click Accept.
- Material is alphabetically arranged, select the desired material.
- ERes will open the program needed to read the material (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader, MS Word, Netscape or Internet Explorer).
If you are having difficulty with the system, you can contact the following Library staff:
Questions or concerns may also be directed to: David Donabedian, Head of Access Services