Add Files (text, image, sound) to ERes
Transferring files to ERes
- Go to ERes http://hunter.docutek.com/eres/
- Click on "Admin Login". Login using the personal login and password supplied by the library. If you do not have a personal login and password email firstname.lastname@example.org. State in the subject line whether your message is intended for Hunter Main, Social Work or Health Professions. Only course instructors and library staff can add or remove links to course pages.
- Click on "Course Reserve Pages"
- Find course by name, department, or instructor
This screen shows the options to search for a page.
- Double click on course page name
- A copyright statement will appear. If appropriate, click on the "Accept" button.
- Course Page menu (below) will appear. Make sure the "Page Management" tab is selected.
ERes page management screen
- Select "Documents & Copyright".
- A new window will open. Select "Add a Document".
- Select "Add a New Document"
- A dialog box will appear. Enter a description and a title, then click on the "save" button.
The information dialog box.
- Select "Transfer File(s) to Server,"
Click on this icon to start the file transfer
- A browse window will appear. Search for your file on your local computer. When you have found the file select "Upload".
- If you are successful you will see a message appear in the browse window. Success! Your files have been uploaded to your staging area; it is now safe to close this window.
- Find the file listing. It should have a paperclip icon next to it. Click on paperclip icon to attach the file to the page.
Files to be transferred to the server are on the right hand side of the display. Click on the paperclip.
- If the file has been successfully moved the listing will move to the left side of the screen.
The file has been added to your course page.
- When the file(s) has been successfully attached to the course page you may close the window.
- You may now log out or continue adding more files.
Watch a video clip of this procedure. (You must have Flash installed on your computer to view this clip)
Style Sheet for ERes articles
In the ERes "Document Title" box, enter both the author and title as below. Search documents by author. Lastname, F. I. The title of the article or selection only to the colon
Lastname, F. I., Secondlastname, S. I. The title of the article or selection with two authors
Lastname, F. I., et al. The title of the article or selection with more than two authors
Enter colon and subtitle if necessary to distinguish one title from another.
Put spaces between the initials. Title in lower case except first word and proper names. No period after title.