The Electronic Reserve (ERes) system allows you as the Instructor to manage your own ERes course site. Please read this application carefully and sign it in the designated area. The Library reserves the right to deny your request if you have previously mismanaged an ERes course site.
What the Library Will Do Now:
- Create your course management username and password
- Process books to be placed on Reserve for your course, at your request, and add the citations to your ERes course site.
What the Library Will Do at the End of the Semester:
- Remove books for your course from Reserve
- Archive your ERes documents on the Reserve server for your future use if copyright permission allows
- Delete your course management username and password
What You, the Instructor, Do:
- Scan your own writings and handouts, or otherwise convert them to a form (typically PDF files) suitable for posting, and place them on your ERes site
- Scan or link to copyrighted documents (articles, book chapters, etc.)
- Link to websites
- Notify the Reserve Library, before an announced deadline near the end of the semester, if the course material and site are to be renewed for the next semester
- Review the Library copyright guidelines
I am the sole Instructor for the course. I alone will manage the ERes site for my course. I agree to assume responsibility for copyright compliance in accordancewith Fair Use provisions of U.S. Copyright Law, the Copyright Policies and Guidelines for CUNY Libraries, and the HC Libraries Copyright Instructions. This will include seeking permission from copyright holders when required. I agree not to put material on ERes that violates copyright law.