November 28th, 2011 by Tony Doyle
One Credit Course for Spring 2012: Information Research
Would You Like To:
• Choose Paper Topics that Work?
• Become a Better Researcher?
• Find the Right Kind of Information for Your Needs?
• Find Quality Information Faster?
• Learn How to Evaluate Information?
• Sharpen Your Skills for Graduate School or Business?
Information Research (LIBR 100) is a one credit course that addresses these questions. You will learn how to choose a database that is relevant to your research, how to search effectively in that database, and how to evaluate the sources that you have found. Other topics covered include peer review, web evaluation, and using Google Scholar to determine the quality of scholarly articles.
The sections below are open to all students:
* These sections meet for the first 8 weeks of the semester.
For more information get in touch with Tony Doyle at email@example.com or 212-772-4181 and see http://libguides.library.hunter.cuny.edu/libr100fall2011