October 20th, 2010 by Mee-Len Hom
With so many different versions of word processing programs, why not try to find a common place to be able to work and share documents with others? Google Docs allows you to access any files, using any computer. Not only does this offer most of the features of Microsoft Office and Open Office, it offers the unique feature of collaborative use.
- You can create and share your work online
- You can upload your files from your desktop
- You can access your document anywhere (even from your smart phone)
- You can share your work (even in real time)
On Google Docs you can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings and forms and share them. All for free.
There is an area on Google Docs homepage which has new features added on a regular basis such as:
- Auto-linking in documents
- Document translation (53 foreign languages)
- Optical character recognition
- Real-time collaborative highlighting in documents
So give it a try… docs.google.com