April 6th, 2012 by John Carey
As Hunter-Bellevue Nursing students prepare to graduate, many will find themselves facing some type of state board or professional licensing exam before they can further advance in a chosen field. Whether for the NCLEX or some other certification or licensure, the Hunter libraries offer many resources to help students prepare.
ON RESERVE: The following exam prep books–among others–are held on reserve at the Health Professions Library circulation desk:
- Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN examination / 3rd ed.
- Mosby’s review questions for the NCLEX-RN examination / 5th ed.
- Fitzgerald, Nurse practitioner certification examination and practice preparation / 3rd ed.
- Zerwekh, Adult nurse practitioner certification review / 2nd ed.
E-BOOKS: Also, don’t forget the many exam prep materials that the library has in electronic form. The following titles–and many more–are available within the library’s “Ebrary” database (NetID log-in required):
- Codina Leik, Adult nurse practitioner intensive review[electronic resource] : fast facts & practice questions
- The Chicago Review Press NCLEX-PN practice test and review[electronic resource]
- Hurst, Pathophysiology review[electronic resource]
- Wallace, Gerontological nurse certification review [electronic resource]
- Nugent & Vitale, Test success[electronic resource] : test-taking techniques for beginning nursing students / 5th ed.