Schools of Social Work and Public Health Library Services
- As you enter the library, you will be greeted by our Information Commons where you may borrow books, check out materials on course reserves, get help with computer and systems issues from IT staff, have your writing checked by Writing Center tutors, and receive guidance on your research from the Reference Librarians - all in one space!
- The library's collection includes 50,000 monographs, a wide array of electronic books, print and electronic reference materials, over 200 print journals, 100,000 electronic journals, and over 200 electronic databases.
- Students and faculty can access electronic resources on-campus with computers in the library and the computer lab as well as off-campus through remote online access using your Hunter NetID.
- The Social Work and Public Health Library (SWPHL) is a delivery / pick up site for CLICS, which facilitates the sharing of books between all 19 of the CUNY system libraries at the request of CUNY faculty and staff directly through the catalog. To request a book from another CUNY library, simply click on the orange Request option on the CUNY+ catalog page and follow the prompts.
- If you need a book that is not available through any CUNY library or an article not available through SWPHL, you may request it from InterLibrary Loan - a national consortium of libraries with which we share resources. Books are sent by mail and articles are sent electronically.
- On the main floor of the library, there are 7 group study rooms, individualized study areas, access to the print reference and periodical collections, a printing station, photocopiers, scanners and adaptive technologies.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to a week in advance. You must reserve group study rooms at the circulation desk in person for a group of at least 2 persons.
- The library’s lower level is accessible by stairway and elevator. It contains the library's freely browse-able print collection.